St. Vavřinec church
The St. Vavřinec church has stood at the main communication artery since the 13th century. It is a valuable historical monument of the Early Gothic Cistercian-Burgundy type. It was probably built thanks to the Hungarian Queen Constance. In 1565, a Renaissance tower was built on the northern side of the chancel, where a Baroque top was placed in 1722. The church acquired its Baroque character at the beginning of the 18th century, and it had its first major repairs at the end of the same century.
The most significant renovations were made to the church in the 20th century. Under the watch of Josef Zimčík, humidity had already begun to appear inside and outside. His insufficient technology, however, did not solve this problem. During repairs in 1992, two cases with original and newer documents were placed in the tower.
The arrival of a young Slovak priest, Anton Kasan in 1999, was a turning point in the quality of repairs. Thanks to the more advanced technology, which also required rigorous drainage work, moisture removal was much improved. The church was finally ready for further repairs. However, these only took place in 2015-2016, when new wiring, sound, lighting and painting were purchased. As in earlier times, the parishioners contributed financially and a donor provided 500,000 CZK for the production and installation of new benches.